If you’re looking to dye your hair at home using a safe hair dye that is made from non-toxic ingredients, Korean hair dyes are the right choice for you.
There are a lot of great options out there, so it can be tough to know where to start.
Luckily, we’ve done the research for you and put together a list of the 6 best Korean hair dyes. Whether you’re looking for something natural-looking or want to make a bold statement, there’s sure to be a perfect option for you on this list.
So, without further ado, here are the best products from Korean hair dye brands!
Top 6 Best Korean Hair Dyes Reviewed
- New Dongsong Seven Eight Hair Color Made in Korea
- PRETTIA Kao Bubble Hair Dye
- KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color
- MISEENSCENE Hello Bubble Hair Easy At-Home Dye
- Daeng Gi Meo Ri, Medicinal Herb Hair Color
- ETUDE – Two Tone Treatment
1. New Dongsong Seven Eight Cream Type Hair Color Made in Korea
If you’re looking for a hair color that can cover your gray hair quickly and easily, look no further than New Dongsong Seven Eight Cream Type Hair Color.
This is the best Korean hair dye! This hair color comes in four different shades, and it uses a patent-pending sunblock agent to provide UV protection and make the color fade-resistant.
The Vitamin-C derivative will help to make your hair healthy, while the Tahitian black pearl extracts give your hair the luster and shine it needs. Plus, it’s made by a pharmaceutical company so you know it’s of the highest quality.
To use Dongsong Seven Eight Cream Type Hair Color, you will need to mix the colorant cream and the oxidation cream in a non-metallic bowl according to the ratio given.
Next, divide your hair into sections using the included comb and apply the mixture to where your hair is most gray. Repeat until all of your gray hair is covered, then wait 7-8 minutes for the color to process. When it’s done, shampoo and rinse your hair until it’s completely clean.
- Covers gray hair quickly and easily
- Comes in four different shades
- Vitamin-C derivative helps to make hair healthy
- Made by a pharmaceutical company
- Contains hydrogen peroxide, which can damage hair
I always love trying new hair colors, so when I was offered the chance to try Dongsong Seven Eight Cream Type Hair Color Made in Korea, I jumped at the opportunity. I really like this Korean hair color! Dongsong Seven Eight Cream Type Hair Color is the best hair dye brand for Asian hair!
2. PRETTIA Kao Bubble Hair Color
Kao Bubble Hair Color is a Korean bubble hair dye that has a unique at-home hair dying system that is easy to use and provides beautiful, evenly colored results.
The foam applicator reaches all over the head easily and you can achieve stunning results in just two treatments. The color consists of amino acids for skin care type and moisture, and loyol jelly for moisture, making it gentle on your hair and scalp.
Plus, the built-in conditioner leaves your hair looking and feeling healthy after each treatment.
To use the PRETTIA Kao Bubble Hair Color, follow these simple steps:
- Before dying your hair, wash it the day or a few days before without using conditioner, as conditioner will prevent the color from altering your hair’s tone. The shampoo is okay.
- Dye your hair while it is still slightly damp. It won’t work otherwise. Dry three-day hair is even better because oil aids in the dye’s development and protection of your hair.
- If you know your hair is hard to color, prolong the application. I kept the bubble on my head for 50 minutes, despite the fact that it was recommended for 20-30 minutes. Some people stretched its duration to 90 minutes before washing it out.
- Don’t wash your hair for three days after it has been dyed to protect the color and minimize fading.
- Easy to use
- Contains amino acids and loyol jelly for skin care and moisture
- Built-in conditioner
- Won’t wash out easily
- Not available in all colors
- Requires two treatments for best results
- Can be messy
I always love trying out new hair colors, so when I heard about the PRETTIA Kao Bubble Hair Color, I knew I had to try this popular Korean hair color. With the PRETTIA Kao Bubble Hair Color, you can achieve beautiful, evenly colored hair that is easy to use and gentle on your hair and scalp. I decided to offer this dye to my client who wanted a light brown color, and the results were stunning. Her hair looked healthy and shiny, and the color was even and true-to-tone. I loved how easy it was to use, and the fact that there was no need to wash the hair out immediately after dying it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for an at-home hair dye that provides beautiful results.
3. KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color
This kit KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color includes everything you need to color your hair, including the 100% organic pigment used in all of the brand’s colors.
The soft foaming solution evenly coats hair with color for uniformly glossy tresses. Amino Acid and Royal Jelly Extract ingredients, which are carefully selected, protect your hair during the coloring process by preventing hair damage or dryness.
Hair becomes silkier and healthier, with none of the lifelessness that often accompanies color-treated hair. To achieve the best results, adhere to the instructions precisely.
To use KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color, you will need to mix the Solution 1 and Solution 2 (Developer) together in the provided Developer bottle. Next, put on the gloves and shake well.
Apply the mixture to your hair, making sure to evenly cover all of your hair. Leave it on for 25 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. Finish with the included Hair Lotion, which will help keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- 100% organic pigment
- Amino Acid and Royal Jelly Extract ingredients protect your hair
- Easy to follow instructions for optimum results.
- Some users may find the smell overpowering
- The color may not be as long-lasting as some other hair dyes
As a hairstylist, I've tried a lot of different hair dyes over the years. But I have to say that one of my favorites is the KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color. It's so easy to use, and the results are always fantastic. The best thing about this hair dye is the fact that it's made with 100% organic pigment. That means that it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals, which can often damage your hair. So if you're looking for an amazing hair dye that won't damage your locks, I would definitely recommend giving KAO Liese Soft Bubble Hair Color a try!
4. MISEENSCENE Hello Bubble Hair Easy At-Home Color
Miseenscene Hello Bubble Hair Easy At-Home Color with Hair Ampoule for Hair Protection Vivid Color is an ammonia-free hair color that includes a secret magic ampoule to make hair silky, smooth, and fragrant.
The foam dye is easy to use and ensures hair is evenly colored. The hair ampoule protects hair while being dyed and the multiple bubbles quickly dye your hair in only 20 minutes.
With a rich and soft foam, this hair dye gives you the most vibrant color finish of all time! It’s so easy to use even if your novice at home-dyeing.
The foam will evenly distribute into every strand without fail due to its unique design that massages everything nicely together while also keeping tight control on bristle direction making sure no part goes overlooked or unmatched – giving out perfect results each time.
One box is recommended for shoulder-length hair; more than one may be needed if you have longer lengths.
To use Miseenscene Hello Bubble Hair Easy At-Home Color with Hair Ampoule for Hair Protection Vivid Color, you will need to:
- Fill the bottle with two silver packets and then replace the cap with the nozzle.
- Do not shake it violently, but rather gently move it side to side about 5-8 times.
- Put on your gloves and cape to shield yourself, and you’re ready to dye your hair!
- Allow 20-30 minutes for each type of hair depending on your hair type.
- Hair ampoule protects hair while being dyed
- Multiple bubbles quickly dye your hair in only 20 minutes
- Easy to use for even novice home-dye enthusiasts
- The results are not always as expected (some colors aren’t as shown on the package)
- Not recommended for use on damaged or weakened hair
I've tried a lot of various hair dyes as a hairstylist. Some are better than others, but I have to say that my experience with Miseenscene Hello Bubble dye has been pretty positive. I love that it's ammonia-free. I also appreciate that this Korean foam hair dye is easy to use for even novice home-dye enthusiasts. Overall, I've been really happy with Miseenscene Hello Bubble and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy at-home hair dye option
5. Daeng Gi Meo Ri, Medicinal Herb Hair Color
Daeng Gi Meo Ri, Medicinal Herb Hair Color is a gentle, ammonia-free hair dye that uses 50% herbal extracts to cover gray hair while preserving the health of your scalp and hair.
The short 15-minute dying time is easy and comfortable, and you won’t have to worry about the unpleasant smell associated with traditional hair dyes. This product is also free of PPD for minimal skin irritation.
To use Daeng Gi Meo Ri Hair Color, first, mix the Step 1 and Step 2 Agents together in the provided container. Next, shampoo your hair and towel-dry it until it is slightly damp.
Apply the dye mixture to your hair using the brush provided, making sure to cover all of your hair evenly. Leave the dye on for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Finish by using the included conditioner.
- PPD and ammonia-free
- Contains 50% herbal extracts
- No unpleasant smell
- May not cover all gray hair
- Conditioner may not be enough to counteract the harsh effects of the dye
I've been a hairstylist for over 10 years, and I've tried just about every hair dye out there. But I have to say, Daeng Gi Meo Ri, Medicinal Herb Hair Color is one of my favorites when it comes to natural dyes. It's gentle and ammonia-free, and it uses 50% herbal extracts to cover gray hair while preserving the health of your scalp and hair. I always recommend it to my clients who are looking for an alternative to traditional hair dyes.
6. ETUDE – Two Tone Treatment Hair Color
ETUDE – Two Tone Treatment Hair Color is a temporary hair color treatment that will give your locks a vivid boost that lasts for a week.
This product is made with macadamia seed oil, flaxseed oil, baobab seed oil, cocoa seed butter, and palm seed butter, and is intended to be gentler on the scalp and hair.
ETUDE – Two Tone Treatment Hair Color works best on bleached hair but may also be used on any color of hair. To get the most out of it, follow the instructions carefully. You can find more Etude House products here.
- After shampooing, towel dry your wet hair.
- Wear disposable gloves and apply color treatment evenly on the hair.
- Set for 5-10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. (Do not wash with shampoo or rinse) If you want more vivid colors, let it set for longer.
- Dry your hair with your dryer. (Color will be transferred to the towel if the hair is towel dry.)
- available in 11 colors
- gives locks a vivid boost
- contains hair care and nutritional ingredients
- less irritating on scalp and hair
- may not be as effective on dark hair
- temporary hair color will eventually fade
- may require more than one treatment to achieve desired color
I always enjoy trying new hair products, and when ETUDE - Two Tone Treatment Hair Color came onto the market, I was eager to try it out. I was not disappointed! This product is easy to use, and it gives your locks a vivid boost that lasts for a week. I've used it on my own hair as well as on clients' hair, and it always produces great results. If you're looking for a temporary hair color treatment that will give your locks a vivid boost, ETUDE - Two Tone Treatment Hair Color is definitely worth trying!
Benefits of Korean hair dyes
Korean hair dyes boast a number of benefits that make them stand out from other brands on the market. Also, that makes them a great choice for anyone looking to change their hair color.
Here are just a few of the reasons why Korean hair dyes may be the best option for you:
First of all, Korean hair dyes are gentle on the hair. They do not contain harsh chemicals that can damage the hair.
Furthermore, Korean hair dyes help to keep the hair healthy. They are packed with nutrients and vitamins that help to nourish the hair.
They are easy to use and require no special skills or knowledge to achieve great results.
Most Korean hair dyes come in a wide range of colors, so you can find the perfect shade to suit your needs.
Lastly, Korean hair dyes are affordable. They are not as expensive as other brands, but they still offer great quality.
These are just some of the reasons why Korean dyes are so popular. If you are looking for a good quality hair dye, then you should definitely consider one of these products.
How to choose a Korean hair dye
When it comes to hair dye, there are a lot of options available on the market. However, if you want to achieve a certain look, it is important to choose the right product.
For example, if you are looking for natural-looking hair color, you should consider using a Korean hair dye. So, how do you know which hair dye is right for you? Here are a few tips:
- Consider your hair type. If you have oily hair, you will want to choose a hair dye that is specifically designed for oily hair. On the other hand, if you have dry hair, you will want to select a product that is meant for dry hair.
- Think about the color you want to achieve. If you are looking for a natural-looking hair color, you should choose a shade that is close to your own hair color. However, if you want to make a bolder statement, you can choose a brighter or more vibrant shade.
- Consider the amount of time you have to dedicate to your hair color. If you only have a few minutes to spare, you may want to consider using a temporary hair dye. However, if you have more time, you can opt for a permanent hair dye.
- Read the instructions carefully. This is important regardless of which type of hair dye you choose. Be sure to follow the directions carefully in order to avoid any unwanted results.
By following these tips, you can be sure to choose the right Korean hair dye for your needs. With the right product, you can achieve the perfect hair color.
Ingredients to avoid
There are a few ingredients that you should avoid when using Korean hair dye. One of these is ammonia, which can be harsh on your hair and scalp.
Another is peroxide, which can also damage your hair. Finally, you should avoid any dyes that contain heavy metals, as these can be toxic. If you’re unsure about an ingredient, it’s always best to check with a professional before using it.
Also, you need to avoid these ingredients in any hair dye: lead acetate, coal tar dyes, and paraphenylenediamine. These ingredients can cause adverse reactions like scalp irritation, and hair loss.
What hair color is most common in Korea?
There is no definitive answer to this question as hair color can vary greatly from person to person in Korea. However, some of the most common hair colors seen in Korea are black, brown, and dark brown.
Additionally, it is not uncommon to see people with dyed hair colors such as red, blonde, and even pink.
Does Korean hair dye damage your hair?
Korean hair dyes are ammonia-free and do not contain any hazardous chemicals, making them one of the safest choices on the market. They’re also simple to use, inexpensive, long-lasting, and effective in removing frizzy and dry hair.
Do Korean actors dye their hair?
Yes, because of the many job conditions for being a pop star in South Korea, “must be open to constantly dyeing your hair” should go with dancing, rapping, singing, and looking appealing.
If you’re looking to dye your hair at home, you might be wondering what the best products are. There are a lot of great options out there, so it can be tough to know where to start.
We put together a list of the 6 best Korean hair dyes and hope it was helpful for you. Whether you’re looking for something natural-looking or want to make a bold statement, there’s sure to be a perfect option for you on this list.
We also above discusses the benefits of using Korean hair dye in this article. Some of the benefits mentioned include that Korean hair dye is gentle on the hair, helps to keep the hair healthy, is easy to use, comes in a wide range of colors, and is affordable.
- Can You Mix Hair Dye With Shampoo?
- How Long Does Manic Panic Last?
- Gummy Hair After Bleaching: Reasons
- How Long Does Arctic Fox Last?
- What is ammonia free hair colour? – https://www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/hair-advice/hair-colour-advice/should-you-switch-to-ammonia-free-hair-colour
- What Does Hydrogen Peroxide Do To Hair? – https://www.lorealparisusa.com/beauty-magazine/hair-care/color-treated-hair/what-does-hydrogen-peroxide-do-to-hair